Baby Crib Rentals
Going on vacation? Visiting family in another city? Not to worry, there are baby crib rentals available at reasonable prices. You can rent all sorts of baby equipment – carseats, cribs, highchairs, playpens … all the stuff that’s too big to take with you on a trip.
There are lots of baby crib rental companies. If you’re headed for a major resort or a beach area, you’ll likely have a choice of merchants to rent from.
There are many, many small local companies. We know of only one national chain, Baby's Away. Baby’s Away provides cribs, carseats, high chairs and more. The company website has an up-to-date list of all Baby's Away locations.
There are a few things to consider before you rent baby furniture and equipment. You’ll want to call the rental company and verify that they constantly check for recalls on all of their rental inventory.
This is an important step which also speaks to the sensibility and trustworthiness of the company. Don’t rent from any business that doesn’t have a system in place for monitoring recalls.
You can also check for product recalls on the particular items you plan to rent at the Consumer Product Safety Commission recall website.
Other questions to ask when you contact the company:
Return From Baby Crib Rentals to Baby Furniture Guides Home
- Is the furniture/equipment checked for safety before each rental?
- How is the equipment cleaned before each rental?
- What are the dimensions of the furniture/equipment?
- Make and model of the products you’ll be renting (Use this to check for recalls, and see pictures of the furniture online before you rent it)
- What are the manufacturer’s guidelines for age, height and weight for the equipment?
- Make sure you’re informed about all the fees associated with your baby crib rental. Ask about delivery fees, set-up, late fees and cancellation fees.